Richmond Eye Optical
At Richmond Eye Optical, we focus on the latest technology in contact lenses and frames, providing high-quality eye wear with excellent service and prices. We carry a wide variety of designer frames for you to choose from.
OPTICAL SHOP PHONE NUMBERS
To reach the optical shop directly, please call:
- Innsbrook - (804) 270-4672
- Midlothian - (804) 378-1115
- Mechanicsville - (804) 746-1125
OPTICAL SHOP HOURS
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
About Richmond Eye Optical
- Single vision, computer, and reading glasses.
- Bifocal glasses, progressive lenses, and the latest digital technology.
- Glasses to fit specific occupational needs, such as Polycarbonate safety lenses.
- Sunglasses, tinted lenses, photochromic (sunlight darkening) and Photogray lenses, and Crizal anti-reflective coatings.
Other Important Features Include:
- Participate with most vision plans, including Vision Service Plan (VSP), Eyemed, and Davis Vision.
- Competitive warranty on frames and lenses included in the price.
- We will bill insurance companies for you.
- We will not dispense an incorrectly made prescription, or a prescription filled within "an acceptable margin of error". If the lenses are not made correctly, they go back to the manufacturer.
- To use the Internet Coupons, click the coupons and print them out. Note that Internet Coupons are valid at all Richmond Eye Optical locations. They cannot be used in combination with other discounts, coupons, or with Vision Plans.
Interactive Eyeglass Guide
Take the Interactive Pre-visit Questionnaire today!
Silhouette frames and sunglasses represent the state of the art in eyewear. The registered opticians at each Richmond Eye Optical location (Innsbrook, Mechanicsville, and Midlothian) have a variety of Silhouette frames in stock, and they will be glad to demonstrate this excellent product to you. Key features of Silhouette frames and sunglasses include:
- Titan Minimal Art frames are made of hyper-flex titanium. This material is hypoallergenic, particularly break-proof, and extremely light.
- An ideal frame fit is achieved by the gentle, smooth curvature of the temples which provides a light and even contact pressure generated by the dynamic spring zone of elastic temples. The pressure of the frames is almost imperceptible.
- A wide variety of frame and lens shapes are available, in a wide variety of colors. The Titan Minimal Art frames feature a completely rimless design, making the lenses themselves nearly invisible. Visit the Silhouette website to see an interactive display of frames and colors.
- Over four million pairs of Titan Minimal Art frames have been sold around the world.
- Silhouette’s sunglasses have brown lenses which filter 96.5% of harmful blue light.
- Silhouette frames carry an excellent warranty.
New Optical Developments
Richmond Eye Optical is proud to now offer the ZEISS lens portfolio, which includes SmartLife Progressive, DriveSafe, and UVProtect Technology.
ZEISS SmartLife™ Progressive Lenses
ZEISS SmartLife Progressive Lenses are specially designed for people with presbyopia who lead a connected and on-the-move lifestyle. The optical performance in the lens periphery is optimized for frequent changes of head and eye position associated with the use of hand-held devices. This new design provides a smoother transition into the lens periphery to provide all-day comfort for today‘s busy eyes.
ZEISS DriveSafe: Everyday Glasses for Driving
ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses are equipped with a special premium anti-reflective coating. This reduces the subjective sensation of glare –from oncoming vehicles with LED or Xenon headlights – and effectively protects your lenses from scratches and the adhesion of dirt particles.
ZEISS DriveSafe is also available in a progressive lens design. The specially optimized near, mid-distance and transition zones ensure comfortable shift of viewing focus, reducing horizontal head movements and enabling significantly more dynamic vision for the wearer.
ZEISS UVProtect: Sunglass-level UV Protection in all Clear Lenses
UV radiation is present all day, every day. Whether in winter or summer, on sunny or cloudy days, we are all constantly exposed to UV radiation. Most of us know that UV rays can damage the skin, but long-term UV exposure can also be harmful to the eyes and the skin surrounding them. Over time, exposure to UV rays can cause various forms of eye disease and can accelerate aging by damaging the sensitive skin around the eyes.
ZEISS creates a new standard of care by including sunglass-level UV protection in all clear ZEISS lenses. All clear ZEISS lenses will employ new UVProtect Technology, providing protection against direct UV rays up to 400 nm as defined by leading healthcare organizations.