The mission of the doctors and staff of Richmond Eye Associates is to provide you with professional, state-of-the-art medical and surgical care for your eyes. From performing routine eye examinations to complex new Laser Vision Correction, cataract / implant, and advanced glaucoma and corneal procedures, we strive to maximize and preserve your vision.
Call (804) 270-0330 or (800) 707-0330 (toll free) to make an appointment with Richmond Eye Associates for any doctor and location.
Comprehensive Eye Examinations
Richmond Eye Associates offers complete eye examinations performed by ophthalmologists and optometrists. "Routine" eye examinations for glasses or contact lenses are performed, as well as examinations for specific eye problems.
A Comprehensive Eye Examination usually includes:
- Measurement of the visual acuity at distance and near, and a refraction to determine any lens correction needed.
- Measurement of the eye pressure (intraocular pressure).
- Measurement of the pupil reactivity, ocular movement, and alignment.
- Examination of the external and internal anatomy of the eye using specialized equipment.
- Examination of the retina and optic nerve, usually with dilation.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Disease
Richmond Eye Associates offers medical and surgical options for most eye disorders, as well as diagnostic testing.
Disorders commonly diagnosed and treated include:
- Cataract - with surgery being done using state-of-the-art phacoemulsification techniques.
- Glaucoma - with treatment including all medical and surgical options.
- Corneal and External Disease disorders.
- Eye infection and inflammatory conditions (iritis/ uveitis).
- Diabetic eye disease.
- Contact lens related eye problems.
Sub-specialists Available for Consultation
- Glaucoma - Harold A. Bernstein, M.D. is fellowship trained in the medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma.
- Corneal and External Disease - Daniel P. Greene, M.D. is fellowship trained in Corneal and External Disease.
- Laser Vision Correction - Bryan Brooks, M.D. specializes in Laser Vision Correction using Lasik and PRK to help reduce the need for glasses and contact lenses.
A Full Range of Optical Correction is Available
- Richmond Eye Associates affiliated Optical Shops provide an excellent selection of frame and lens choices with expert fitting and adjustment by certified opticians.
- Dr. Donald Lumpkin offers contact lens fitting at the Innsbrook and Mechanicsville offices. Dr. Katherine Schlieper offers contact lens fitting at the Innsbrook and Midlothian (Koger South) offices. Contact lens options include astigmatism correcting lenses, tinted lenses, bifocal lenses, disposables, and more.
- Laser Vision Correction (Lasik and PRK) is available, which can help to surgically reduce the need for glasses and contact lenses.
- Careful choice of intraocular lens implants at the time of cataract extraction can help to reduce the need for a glasses prescription after cataract surgery, including Advanced Technology Lens Implants that correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and even the need for reading glasses.
Convenient Office Locations
Richmond Eye Associates has several locations throughout the Richmond, Virginia metropolitan area, with additional satellite locations:
Acceptance of Most Insurances
This includes accepting assignment to Medicare, and membership with most HMO's, PPO's, and commercial insurances. For a list to insurances accepted, go to Insurance.
Download Forms and Documents
On this page you can download patient information forms to fill out prior to your examination.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Our commitment to Protecting Your Privacy and Earning Your Trust
Earning and maintaining your trust and safeguarding your privacy is the cornerstone of our patient relationship with you. The protection of your privacy is a key part of maintaining your trust. This has been a fundamental operating principle of Richmond Eye Associates since our founding and remains so today. This Patient Privacy Notice Summary lets you know the information we collect about you, and how we safeguard and use this information to serve you.
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide directly to use upon registration including financial contracts.
- Information we obtain from others to verify information provided by you, such as your insurance policy information and health history.
Richmond Eye Associates only collects and uses patient information that is necessary to render our procedures, provide superior service, and make you aware of services that we believe will be a benefit and value to you.
Information We Disclose to Others
We do not disclose any nonpublic, personal information about our patients or former patients to non-affiliated third parties, without written consent form the patient. Richmond Eye Associates is concerned about you and your privacy, and carefully limits and controls the patient information we share with others. We do not disclose information about our current (active or inactive) patients to anyone, except as outlined in this notice or as permitted or required by law.
Our Security Procedures and Our Pledge to You
- Click Here to Download our Full Notice of Privacy Practices - (Last updated 9/22/13)