Comprehensive Eye Examinations
Richmond Eye Associates offers complete eye examinations performed by ophthalmologists and optometrists. "Routine" eye examinations for glasses or contact lenses are performed, as well as examinations for specific eye problems.
A Comprehensive Eye Examination usually includes:
- Measurement of the visual acuity at distance and near, and a refraction to determine any lens correction needed.
- Measurement of the eye pressure (intraocular pressure).
- Measurement of the pupil reactivity, ocular movement, and alignment.
- Examination of the external and internal anatomy of the eye using specialized equipment.
- Examination of the retina and optic nerve, usually with dilation.