Richmond Eye Optical
Located adjacent to the Richmond Eye Associates Office in Markel Plaza, Innsbrook
4600 Cox Rd., Markel Plaza, Suite 120
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Phone: (804) 270-4672
Fax: (804) 270-1003
Hours: Starting on May 11th, our Innsbrook optical shop will be open during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday).
Located Adjacent to the Richmond Eye Associates Office in the Winchester Building, Koger Center Southside
10800 Midlothian Turnpike, Winchester Building
Suite 127, Richmond, VA 23235
Phone: (804) 378-1115
Fax: (804) 897-1692
Hours: Due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, our Midlothian optical shop will be closed until further notice. Starting on May 11th, our Innsbrook optical shop will be open during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday). Thank you for your understanding.
Located adjacent to the Richmond Eye Associates Office in the Mechanicsville Medical Ctr.
7575 Cold Harbor Rd.
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
Phone: (804) 746-1125,
Fax: (804) 730-0531
Hours: Due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, our Cold Harbor optical shop will be closed until further notice. Starting on May 11th, our Innsbrook optical shop will be open during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday). Thank you for your understanding.
About Richmond eye Optical
Our Mission is to Satisfy Your Visual Needs!
- Emphasis on Quality Products and Excellent Service
- Affordable Prices
- Specialty Lenses and a Large Frame Selection
- Participates with Most Vision Plans
- Quick Turnover
Try this Interactive Eyeglass Guide and answer simple lifestyle questions that help us choose glasses that are best for you!
Richmond Eye Optical at Innsbrook, Mechanicsville, and Midlothian have highly trained and experienced opticians, capable of filling and fitting virtually any type of prescription, including:
- Single vision, computer, and reading glasses.
- Bifocal glasses, Varilux progressive lenses, and the latest digital technology.
- Glasses to fit specific occupational needs, such as Polycarbonate safety lenses.
- Sunglasses, tinted lenses, Transitions and Photogray lenses, and Crizal anti-reflective coatings.
We focus on the latest technology in lenses and frames, from Transitions Lenses to Titanium Frames. We provide high quality eye wear with excellent service and prices.
Other Important Features Include:
- Participate with most vision plans, including Vision Service Plan (VSP), Eyemed, and Davis Vision.
- Competitive warranty on frames and lenses included in the price.
- We will bill insurance companies for you.
- We will not dispense an incorrectly made prescription, or a prescription filled within "an acceptable margin of error". If the lenses are not made correctly, they go back to the manufacturer.
- To use the Internet Coupons, click the coupons and print them out. Note that Internet Coupons are valid at all Richmond Eye Optical locations. They cannot be used in combination with other discounts, coupons, or with Vision Plans.
- D. Alan Chandler, MD
- Silhouette frames and sunglasses represent the state of the art in eyewear.
- Titan Minimal Art frames are made of hyper-flex titanium. This material is hypoallergenic, particularly break-proof, and extremely light.
- An ideal frame fit is achieved by the gentle, smooth curvature of the temples which provides a light and even contact pressure generated by the dynamic spring zone of elastic temples. The pressure of the frames is almost imperceptible.
- A wide variety of frame and lens shapes are available, in a wide variety of colors. The Titan Minimal Art frames feature a completely rimless design, making the lenses themselves nearly invisible. Visit the Silhouette website to see an interactive display of frames and colors.
- Over four million pairs of Titan Minimal Art frames have been sold around the world.
- Silhouette’s sunglasses have brown lenses which ‘filter 96.5 per cent of harmful blue light’. These lenses are available in the Ideal Protection and Ideal Pol sunglasses collections.
- Silhouette frames carry an excellent warrantee.
The registered opticians at each Richmond Eye Optical location (Innsbrook, Mechanicsville, and Midlothian) have a variety of Silhouette frames in stock, and they will be glad to demonstrate this excellent product to you.
New Optical Developments
See sharper, clearer, and wider – up to a 30% wider area of clarity over traditional lenses!
Essilor Digital Lenses – experience today’s best possible vision.
Richmond Eye Optical is proud to offer Essilor Digital "High Definition" lenses in its Varilux X Series. While progressive add lenses ('no line bifocals') were a tremendous advance in technology over lined bifocals, the digital process takes this a step forward by producing complex lens surfaces with extreme accuracy. This leads to greater accuracy and improved optical performance of lenses - sharper, clearer, and wider - up to a 30% wider area of clarity over traditional lenses.
Traditional lens surfacing uses a rigid tool which transfers the prescription onto the lens. This limits the accuracy and complexity of lenses, especially near the edges of the lens. Digital Surfacing uses a pointed cutter that travels across the lens like a record needle. A computer programs controls the exact position and depth of the point, producing extremely precise complex aspheric and progressive surfaces. Varilux lenses go a step further by individualizing the lens design itself, using a completely unique calculation for each glasses prescription. They also adhere to strict equipment and manufacturing standards, maintaining optimal quality and consistency.
The benefit to the lens user of this precision technology is a sharper and clearer image. Focusing is crisper and details are sharper compared to traditional progressive lenses, where there is often defocusing of details. Digital lenses allow better perception of colors and details, clearer and brighter vision with virtual elimination of aberrations, and a wider area of lens use without peripheral distortion found in traditional progressive lenses.
This improvement in lens technology is available at all three Richmond Eye Optical locations, Innsbrook, Mechanicsville, and Midlothian.